Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Interlude...

Getting a cup of tea has been one of my biggest problems. As anyone who knows me knows, I NEED my tea. Not just a nice to have but a HAVE to have - an addiction. I did cut down a bit in the weeks before I came away, not because I was to be travelling but because it just seemed like a good idea post-colonscopy. Cut down means from 6-7 mugs/day to maybe 3-4, incuding at least two by 6.00am. I came away well prepared with my slimline Katmandu thermos and a stash of tea bags - BUT I haven't been able to access hot water anywhere to fill it! If I don't get the early tea the migrane symptoms start to kick in and if I let them develop I am a cot case and probably vomiting. So some days I have downed four nurofen in a short space of time to deal to the head.

This isn't a sob story - just a reality of travel. Years ago I had a little immersion heating thing that would have done the job.

The tea I have managed to get has come in an interesting variety of forms. Once I got a chocolate drink. Another time I got green tea with hot milk ( I had asked for black tea). If I ask for black tea with milk the milk always comes hot. The best tea comes in a tall mug with loose-leaf tea in a little strainer that sits inside the mug and which you can remove when you wish. I can make it extra-strong :-) I've given up on the milk.

The morning I left Granada I needed to eat something - and have tea - before catching the bus. I found a little place enroute and got this really cute teapot - just enough for a cup.


Talking of sustenance, I was surprised, as I got on the bus, to be told to take a paper bag. It contained a bottle of water, earphones (neither of which I needed especially but I might have), a small packet of peanuts and a small pastry. Better than the airlines I thought! It felt like my birthday. In fact the bus was great. Comfortable window seat, air conditioned, plus the bag. A nice way to leave Granada which, to be honest, I wasn't sorry to farewell.

Bus lunch bag and my trusty water bottle which has been a constant companion in Spain

1 comment:

  1. That WAS a bonus ! You could have brought the t pot home :)

    ReplyDelete